Wednesday, July 8, 2015

New posts, plugins and moodle updates

I wanted to let everyone that follows this blog know that new content is coming. I'm been working on Moodle as a freelance developer for over the last six years and I'm still learning a lot about the platform with every new release that comes out. But now that I have the time, I will be writing new posts on other customizations I created:

  • Use the category and course hierarchy to change Moodle into a client web portal
  • Attaching themes to course categories
  • Add custom php pages to Moodle
  • New custom blocks
  • Custom graphs and charts based on HTML5
  • Custom course formats
    • Browse through activities without all the confirmation screens
  • Recreate the Moodle course
    • To have its own front page and navigation style
  • Sync Tools
    • Allow students to upload text files and parse the data for Moodle
The list could be longer, but these are some of the things I'll begin to tackle in my blog. I'm also considering to make these into public plugins that can be downloaded from my website. The price hasn't been decided yet, but I'd like to make them free if I can get some friendly donations coming in first. That would pay for the development and upkeep. 

For now if you have any questions, leave a comment below or visit my website for more Moodle examples:   

No comments:

Post a Comment